Dry Mouth often occurs due to medications, autoimmune conditions, cancer treatments and finally age. In fact, if you are over 50years and you take more than two medications, you are at increased risk of suffering. Of course the best treatment for dry mouth is to determine its root cause and try and correct it. However many times this just is not possible. It is essential to not leave dry mouth symptoms untreated. As a sufferer you are able to do a lot to alleviate your symptoms and help your condition.
1. KForce Dry Mouth Cleaning Kit - Firstly and obviously your mouth cleaning is essential. Only use toothpaste that DOES NOT contain SLS (an ingredient that causes the foaming action in commercial products). SLS is a known ingredient that increases dryness and can cause mouth ulcers. Our cleaning system contains both a toothpaste (without SLS) as well as a mouth cleaning gel (with Propolis) to help soft tissue health. it is great for all teeth, gums, cheeks and tongue.
2. GC Recaldent Dry Mouth Gel - is a dentist only recommended product. You rub some onto your gums and cheeks before sleep to help protect the tissues at night from the damage of slow saliva rates and mouth breathing. It comes in 5 delicious flavours. This dry mouth gel is highly recommended.
3. Recaldent CPP-ACP Gum - is developed by Melbourne University. Recaldent gum contains CPP-ACP, to help the saliva glands and your teeth. You chew a piece for 10-15 minutes after meals. This will help to generate saliva to cleanse your mouth. Also the included xylitol in the gum has been shown to be great for general mouth health.
4. Neilmed Dry Nose Spray - contains sodium hyaluronate which has been shown to moisturise soft tissue nasal passages. This spray is great to use before sleep and again when waking. This will protect the delicate tissues of the nose, and stop any uncomfortable dryness that may occur.
5. Oral7 Dry Mouth Collection - great for on the go use as often as needed, both day and night. Oral7 contains natural patented enzymes and shown to help neutralise mouth acids and provide quick relief.